- *TOMORROW* Saturday, 13 June 2009
- Listen and call in live from anywhere in the world to:
- MindFreedom Live MAD PRIDE Web Radio - Free
- UPDATE: Celia Brown, of New York City -- psychiatric
- and board president of MindFreedom International -- will
join as a co-
- host on tomorrow's show.
- Guests (more info below).
- *** Will Hall, recently featured in Newsweek.
- *** Psychiatric survivor Lauren Tenney on "We The
- vigil for Esmin Green.
- *** Psychologist Toby Tyler Watson, new director of
- Center for Study of Psychiatry and Psychology.
- *** MindFreedom's director and psychiatric survivor
David W. Oaks,
- also a psychiatric survivor.
- How to listen and call-in live:
- When: *TOMORROW* Saturday, 13 June 2009
- Click here at start time to listen and call in LIVE, or
click later to
- hear archive:
- Start time for the 90 minute show tomorrow:
- * USA: 11 am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2
pm Eastern *
- UTC/GMT: 6 pm [18:00] * London/Dublin: 7 pm [19:00] *
Berlin: 8 pm
- [20:00] * Auckland: 6 am.
- CALL-IN number: (646) 595-2125.
- No computer to listen in that day? No problem. You may
use the call-in
- number just to listen!
- More about show guests, who are Mad Pride activists and
- MindFreedom members:
- WILL HALL recently featured in Newsweek about mad pride.
Will is a
- widely-respected community organizer in the "Mad
Movement." He is co-
- coordinator of The Icarus Project, co-founder of Freedom
Center, host of
- Madness Radio, and a consultant for Mental Disability
- His website is
- LAUREN TENNEY, psychiatric survivor activist from New
York State will
- discuss the upcoming "We The People" vigil to remember
Esmin Green, whose
- horrendous death in a psychiatric emergency waiting room
was captured on
- video and shown nationally. Lauren was first
- institutionalized at 15, and has been a psychiatric
- since 1992. Says Lauren, "My goal is to help stop forced
- procedures, detainment, and confinement, human rights
- psychiatric abuse and torture."
- More info:
- TOBY TYLER WATSON, Psy.D. of Wisconsin is the brand new
- Executive Director of the International Center for the
- Psychiatry and Psychology (ICSPP), a network of mental
- professionals, advocates and others reforming mental
health care. Dr.
- Watson is also a practicing psychologist, and a leader
- non-drug mental health alternatives.
- More info:
- And you! Your calls, questions, comments, are welcome.
- Host is MindFreedom director DAVID W. OAKS psychiatric
survivor, who will
- report on recent Minnesota and San Francisco protests.
- Remember, this free live call-in show is *TOMORROW*
Saturday, 13 June
- 2009. Please spread the word!
- If you miss a show, you can listen to archives via the
show web link:
- More info on the show, with photos of guests, see:
- And mark your calendar for every Second Saturday in 2009
- MindFreedom Live Free Mad Pride Radio!
- Support Voices for Choices in Mental Health?
- Then Support MindFreedom
- MindFreedom International is one of the few
- nonprofit organizations in the mental health advocacy
field, with zero
- funding from the mental health system, governments, drug
- That means YOUR membership and donation are CRUCIAL to
- International's campaigns for human rights alternatives.
- Join or donate now:
- Times are tough, so that makes it even more important
that each and every
- person give what he or she can.
- Benefits include MindFreedom Journal, special web and
- networking, discount on
- MindFreedom Shield, member services office... and a
- revolution in mental health.
- Mind Your Freedom!
- Donate, join now or renew early here:
- Please forward this alert to all supportive people on
and off the
- Internet, now!
- Want to stop getting these free public MFI news alerts?
- Two easy ways:
- 1) To unsubscribe send a blank email to
- Be sure to "reply" when you get the automatic
- message in a few moments. (If you do not receive that
- request, check your spam filter for it.)
- 2) Have trouble getting off this list? Just e-mail to
- If you e-mail from the same address where you received
this alert, put
- the following in your "subject line," the message can be
- unsubscribe mindfreedom-news
- If you have alternate e-mail addresses that may be
- alert by error, let the office know the exact addresses
to remove at
- office at mindfreedom.org
DENDRITE is a public Internet alert system about human
rights in psychiatry, sponsored by Support Coalition
International, sending out notices to thousands of concerned
people, many of whom take ACTION NOW!