International News -
21 June 2009
Launch of Mindfreedom 2009 Summer support drive!
After a powerful Spring of protests and activism,
MindFreedom welcomes in
Summer with an urgent drive for members, donations and
Please act today!
Join, renew, donate now, click here:
MindFreedom International is one of the few
nonprofit organizations in the mental health advocacy
field, with zero
funding from the mental health system, governments, drug
That means your membership and donation are crucial to
International's campaigns for human rights alternatives.
Times are tough, making it even more important that each
person give what
he or she can.
Your MindFreedom member benefits include
* MindFreedom Journal
* Special web and e-mail networking
* Discount on
* Staffed member-services office
* Affiliates, sponsor groups, networking
* MindFreedom Shield
* More than two decades of human rights victories
* Most importantly: You support a nonviolent revolution in
Please donate, join now or renew, now, click here:
Please forward this alert to all supportive people on and
- Win Human Rights in Mental Health - please forward
- BELOW: Six *Brief* News Alerts for a Nonviolent Revolution
- Plus... Launch of MindFreedom Summer 2009 Support Drive.
- 1. TV Show looks for people off all psychiatric drugs
- A national USA television show is seeking individuals with
- as "schizophrenia" who have totally quit or are quitting
- psychiatric drugs, for a show on Mad Pride. For more info,
- 2. Esmin Green Vigil
- On Friday, 19 June, 2009, a vigil was held in memory of
Esmin Green, who
- died so publicly in a New York psychiatric waiting room
one year ago, in
- Brooklyn, NY. The vigil was by We the People, and
- MindFreedom International and other groups.
- Meanwhile, investigators discovered falsified reports in a
- cover-up, and Esmin's family has won a $2 million
settlement. For news on
- this and more, click here:
- 3. "Human rights for all tour starts: PA, DC, MD, VA, IL
- US Network of Users and Survivors of Psychiatry is holding
- Rights for All Tour," co-sponsored by MindFreedom
International and other
- groups. Cities include Philadelphia, Washington, DC;
- Richmond, VA; Chicago, IL; and more:
- 4. Mindfreedom scientific advisory board
- MindFreedom International has revived its MindFreedom
- Advisory Board of psychiatrists and psychologists, see the
- 5. Bitter? You think?
- Incredibly, psychiatry is considering adding "bitterness"
- enormous and growing list of psychiatric labels:
- 6. Australia forced shock
- An Australian newspaper exposes the growing number of
- experiencing forced electroshock (also known as
- therapy), and the lack of legal advocacy:
- or use:
DENDRITE is a public Internet alert system about human
rights in psychiatry, sponsored by Support Coalition
International, sending out notices to thousands of concerned
people, many of whom take ACTION NOW!