- Dear Dr. von Glasersfeld,
- I am writing to learn whether you have any information about research or
- researchers who explore cognitive development in head injury survivors. I
- have been married to a man for 20+ who experienced a closed head injury as
- a teenager. Reading your work as a doctoral student now, along with
- studying at the Ed. School at Harvard under E. Duckworth some time ago,
- made me realize that there might research that is sensitive and related to
- the development of cognitive operations in head injury survivors. More and
- more I realize how my husband processes information. The most recent 'tip'
- that I had from my husband about his experience of adapting to the world,
- was when I read the tag line on his brochure for his local speaking
- engagements..."You don't have to run, before you walk". Thank you for your
- time, and consideration.
- Sincerely, Janet, from Boston
- Dear Janet,
- I am sorry, but I cannot help you with your
question. I have steered
- clear of attempts to identify brain functions for
- largely because we have no viable model for either
- memory; and processes without reflection (i.e.
conscious reviewing) do
- not approach the level of understanding.
- Please give my regards to Eleanor Duckworth.
- Best wishes,
- Ernst von Glasersfeld