- Dear Prof. von Glasersfeld,
- How is constructivism related to the practice of
teaching and learning.
- Especially how will I use theory of constructivism
with hearing impaired
- Christine Brathwaite
- Dear Ms Brathwaite,
- I do not think that the principles of teaching and
learning have to be
- changed when dealing with hearing impaired students.
The problem there is
- to establish a channel of communication. From the
constructivist point of
- view, this problem should be
approached the way all problems of teaching
- are approached. i.e. by creating situations in which
the student has the
- opportunity to jump to a conclusion that is viable
with respect to what
- the teacher intends.
- A full exposition of my ideas you can find in my
- constructivism: A way of knowing and learning"; see